Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Losing my mommy body...

I'm starting to question whether after 4 years I can really be blaming my physique on having a child considering the fact that I've never had a truly "flat" stomach. Ever since I was about 16 years old I have been about 145 lbs and in size 7 jeans. Even after I had Sophie I bounced back pretty quickly to my pre baby weight but I think all moms can verify that my body never looked the same. I've been struggling to lose what I call "the mom belly" for the last four years and no matter how much weight I lost it was always there. I even went so far as to start running 12-15 miles a week and got down to a size 5. Still no dice. The tummy was there.

Lately I've been working out with a friend every morning before work. We do cardio of course but we also do a lot of weight training. I found out the hard way that I've been doing squats wrong my whole life, but thanks to a slightly colorful phrase that my workout buddy employs, I can now do them in correct form and have started squatting more than just the bar! :D 

I also discovered these body wrap things on instagram. My best friend used them several years ago after her daughter was born and I remember getting all her before and after pictures thinking "that can't be real." I didn't want to waste my money on something that was only going to give me false hope so I never bothered to try them. I stumbled across a girl named Vanessa on IG that was a distributor and saw all her results. I started researching, reading people's reviews on all the products from the company that makes these wraps (IT works!). Everything I saw made me want to try them, so I started the treatments. So far I'm on wrap number 3 out of 4 that is supposed to complete 1 treatment. These body wraps aren't going to help anyone lose weight, and they aren't magic, but they do a good job of toning and tightening up any areas that need a little extra help. So far I'm really happy with my results and it's just pushing me to work even harder in the gym. I can't to see how I look this time next year. 

The left is before any wraps. The top right is after 2, and the bottom is after 3.

The top is before, the bottom is after 3 wraps.

No comments :

Post a Comment