Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Cosleeping

Cosleeping is the hardest habit to break. Sophie's been doing great since we decided to cut TV out of bedtime. We have a movie/dinner/showertime routine down pretty well and she goes to sleep on her own just fine. The hard part is that she keeps waking up around 1 am and asking to sleep with me. Sleep is literally my biggest weakness. I love to sleep. I could sleep 24 hours a day if I had the opportunity. When she wakes up in the middle of the night, getting her back to sleep usually involves her crying herself to sleep. She's pretty stubborn and hard to calm down when she's tired. So, most of the time, I just say yes. She waddles into my room dragging her blankie and crawls into bed. What makes it so much harder is that she's been much more cuddly as of late and I just can't pass that up.

My favorite part of cosleeping is that it just feels so natural. I woke up the other night and we were both laying on our backs. My left arm was extended towards her and she had her legs across my arm. I was cradling her foot. She had her torso turned towards me and one hand was cupped around my ear. Nothing is better than waking up like that. I know I really need to crack down on our sleeping habits because she's 3 and a half now, but it's just so hard when I don't have her every single day and our nights matter just as much as our days.

So, my question is... Should I feel bad about this? It's not an every night thing, but it does happen a couple nights out of the week. Especially since every other week I only have her for two nights.

Zoo date last weekend

I spent most of my weekend with this lovely lady

No comments :

Post a Comment