Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Your kid is weird.

It's amazing how often I hear that. People tell me that Sophie is strange all the time. Probably because I share her weirdness on Facebook and Twitter. I can't make up some of the stuff she says. I'm pretty sure it's my fault. I'm almost positive. Just last night we got home for the evening and she asked me to play with her. I collapsed on the couch and told her to let me rest for a minute since I had just gotten of work. She said "Ok mommy, that's fine." and then proceeded to sing a song that involved some jibberish. I did catch the tail end of the lyrics which consisted of saying "I'm not going to let you rest" over and over. So that was nice.

She loves to talk to people, but is learning the hard way that she shouldn't talk about people. Especially out loud. In the grocery store. Asking where their friends are and then saying they probably don't have any. Or that she can't point at a fairly young (albeit bald) gentleman and say "He looks like my grandpa!".

She thinks she can speak Spanish if she talks into a Dora the Explorer microphone. She once compared me to a mermaid in order to explain why she couldn't sit next to me on the couch. She growls at people and tells me when my hair looks bad. She insists that when my boyfriend buys me flowers he should also buy some for her because "he knows her name, so that means he knows who she is" (even though they haven't met yet). She claims that when she is older I have to be brave because the doctor is going to put her back into my belly so that she can be a baby again and never grow up.

Oh, and she told my boss that if a baby gets sick you put a necklace on it and carry it to the hospital by its neck. So. That happened. Please tell me I'm not the only person in the world with an awesome little weirdo? I will say that life with her is almost never boring. Like I said, it's probably my fault. I encourage her to be weird and tell her it's much better to be intelligent and different than it is to be normal.

No comments :

Post a Comment