Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

I suppose since this blog is about the up's and down's of co-parenting, I should start with how things sometimes go on holidays. Take Mother's Day, for example. It was last Sunday and Sophie was at her father's house for the weekend. Rather than ruin her weekend (her father is in the police academy and doesn't get much time with him) she and I celebrated together the previous weekend. We started with breakfast at IHOP, because pancakes, and then a trip to the zoo. That evening we had a pictures done by Gillian Dyan Photography and they turned out beautifully. It was a perfect day and she handled it very well. I'm sure the 3 hour nap didn't hurt anything.


She called me on Sunday to tell me "Happy Mother's Day", and that she had gotten me a present. She also informed me what my present was and I could hear her father yelling in the background "You're not supposed to tell her!" That definitely made me laugh and it was so good to hear from her. Most weekends that she's not with me I spend staring at pictures of her, wishing she was there. However, I spent the entire day with one of my favorite people at the zoo, having lunch, and then watching one of the scariest movies I've ever seen. Seriously. Have you seen the Conjuring? Don't. It's terrifying. 

No comments :

Post a Comment