Monday, May 19, 2014

So this weekend was pretty perfect...

It is very rare that an entire weekend at my house goes very smoothly, but with me being off of work and "the twin's" party on Sunday, everything went rather well. I cannot for the life of me remember what we did Friday night but I do remember that her new bedtime routine went extremely smoothly. She was out cold by 9 pm. Oh. That's right. I can't remember because I also went to bed at 9 and we slept for 11 hour straight. Good times :)

Saturday was pretty rainy so we started out with catching up on some housework and laundry. She was of course acting like I was slowly torturing her rather than just making her clean up her toys. Our trip to the zoo turned into a library trip for donuts and some new books. We also spent some time in the Early Learning Center and always she ignored all the other children and made me play with her. My little social butterfly.
Saturday night her grandparent asked if they could spend some time with her so she ended up with grandma and grandpa for the evening, which meant that Mommy got to have a date night with her boyfriend. :) 

Sunday morning I picked her up bright and early and we headed straight to one of my best friend's (she's also my boss :p) house for Brooke and Harrison's 2nd birthday party. It feels like we were just at their first birthday party so I was trying not to cry while they blew out their candles. Luckily I got put on trash duty and had tissue paper flying at my head while they were opening gifts so that was a distraction. After the party we went home and took a 3 hour nap. It was glorious. Of course this was quickly followed by a long, long walk and a trip to the park to make sure that Sophie wouldn't be up all night. 
Sophie, Brooke, and Harrison on the new teeter totter. It was definitely a hit.
Sporting our Minnie ears before opening H&B blew out their candles.

No comments :

Post a Comment